Under the supervision of Fleisher’s business manager and closely with your colleagues in the programs department, you will coordinate operational details to ensure that delivery of Fleisher’s educational programs are of the highest quality, consistent with the goals and objectives outlined in Fleisher’s strategic plan. You will be the main point-of-contact to ensure that the needs of our faculty, models, teaching assistants, studio monitors, and other critical studio personnel are met with professionalism, efficiency, and grace. This is an administrative position for a highly organized person with strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
This is a fulltime nonexempt position starting at $15/hour with a competitive benefits package, designed for future professional growth in our organization.
Must have flexible hours and be present at key times such as mornings and evenings.
Primary responsibilities include:
Secondary (support) responsibilities include:
- Student memberships
- Faculty: contracts, payroll, and substitutions
- Models: scheduling, payroll, substitutions
- GRID/room set-up
- Faculty equipment and supply requests
- Tuition Assistance
- Monitor credit card use per budgeted expenses
- Programs-related job postings, onboarding, and termination
- Organization of Program Dept. files (on and offline)
- Managing calendar of interdepartmental staff meetings and taking/distributing minutes
- Purchasing supplies for classes and store
- Equipment oversight, and assistance with set-up
- Coordination with the Audience Engagement team on tasks such as front desk schedule, room availability, visitor tours, and orientations
- Lottery support for our Saturday Young Artists’ program
- Proofreading/filing programs-related contracts/agreements/MOUs/legal
- Handling offsite insurance needs
- Support ColorWheels Coordinator with site agreements
- Support Registrar with refunds and other tasks
- Support Communications dept. with checking updates on web and printed collateral e.g. faculty bios, supply lists.
- Four-year degree. At least two years’ administrative experience.
- Demonstrated project or team management experience.
- Capable computer skills such as database entry, accounting software, and Excel.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Additional language skills preferred but not essential.
You are a self-motivated professional – personable, reliable, hardworking and results-oriented. You are a smart, thoughtful, and clear thinker, who values open communication, is able to give and receive constructive feedback, and is supportive of a team-oriented environment. Your eye is on the exemplary management of the business and operating culture of Fleisher’s art school.
You are not hesitant to start projects from scratch because you are patient, open to change and continual improvement. When tackling problems, you easily break down challenges into manageable pieces, finding creative and sustainable solutions to complex, knotty problems. You are always looking outside of the organization to identify best practices and find ways to implement them in your realm of influence.
You have the following:
- Strong drive to work collaboratively.
- High degree of empathy, thoughtfulness and a natural diplomatic ability.
- Ability to recognize and use your influence within and on behalf of an organization.
- Ability to embrace the strategic implications of your role and responsibilities.
- Flexible schedule; you will need to be present both mornings and evenings at the start and end of each term to welcome students and faculty, and to administer surveys and program evaluations.
If this description seems like a good match for your personality, skills, and career goals please submit our cover letter, resume, and three references (all in one document). No phone calls, please. Applications for this position will be accepted until October 1, 2017. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.