Fleisher Art Memorial is the nation’s oldest tuition-free community art school. Today, Fleisher offers over 70 classes and workshops for adults per term, operates a year-round exhibits program including the prestigious Wind Challenge Exhibition Series, and provides art instruction to young people in Philadelphia’s public schools through its Community Partnership in the Arts programs well as through its renowned Saturday Young Artists' program. For more information, visit www.fleisher.org.
The Sanctuary Series was developed in support of Fleisher's mission to make art accessible to everyone. The series provides low-commitment learning experiences for our creative community to explore its interest in the arts. Supporting and supplementing Fleisher's regular class and workshop offerings, Sanctuary Series events range from artist talks, film screenings, musical and dance performances, as well as hands-on workshops. The Sanctuary Series is free and open to the public.Position Description
The Sanctuary Series Intern assists the Adult Program manager with administration, promotion and planning of the Sanctuary Series program. The intern will maintain the Sanctuary Series schedules, reach out to guest artists, set up the Sanctuary space every Wednesday evening in preparation for the event, welcome guests, document the event with still photographs and video, and assist with closing procedures.
Skills for the position:
- Help to promote each week’s series through distribution of materials
- Reaching out to guest artist for Sanctuary Set up and material needs
- Setting up for Wednesday evening Sanctuary Series Events, including AV, refreshments, promotional materials, and workshop materials if needed.
- Welcoming guests and distributing/collecting evaluations
- Documenting events with still photographs and video
- Assisting with closing procedures, clearing the space, putting away AV equipment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Clear written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Event photography
Free annual Fleisher membership with included benefits; tuition credit for one Fleisher class per semester (does not include model or studio fees); if applicable, Fleisher Art Memorial will work with college students to secure academic credit
Hours Per Week: 10
Tuesdays 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Wednesdays 4:00 – 9:00 pm
Work address: 719 Catharine St. Philadelphia, PA 19144
Interested candidates should include a brief cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.