Job Title: Facilities Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Classification Regular, Full-time
Wage Classification: Salaried, Exempt
Salary Range: 50,000 - 55,000
Lead, manage, staff, implement and maintain all physical aspects of Fleisher’s buildings, from cosmetic to structural issues. This includes supervising maintenance staff; repair and troubleshooting of the systems and equipment (HVAC, computer and telecommunication, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, including enlargers, kilns, presses, ceramic wheels, light tables, and silk screens); subcontracts work if necessary by soliciting bids, and subsequently supervising contractors work often tight schedules; works with staff and faculty to accommodate office and classroom needs.
In addition, the Facilities Manager provides a yearly budget for building materials, and repairs and services; orders and transports all supplies for the school and school store; serves as a liaison between the Building committee from the Board of Directors and Fleisher staff.
Provide appropriate information and support to the Executive Director, Board of Directors and committees as required.
Direct departmental activities in accordance with best practices in non-profit management, strategic planning, business administration, budgeting, and resource supervision.
Serve as an “ambassador” of Fleisher throughout the community at all times. Work with all Fleisher staff on organization-wide and inter-programmatic activities and projects, acting in a manner that promotes, at all times, the best interests of the organization as determined by the Executive Director and Board of Directors and set out by Fleisher’s mission.
Recruit, hire, motivate, supervise, evaluate, and provide leadership to a high-caliber staff.
Prepare and be accountable for the design and execution of detailed project plans with clear timeframes.
1. FACILITIES REPAIR AND TROUBLESHOOTING
- Mechanical Systems (Boiler; Burner; Pumps; Compressors; Tanks). HVAC systems, water treatment system. (90% of repairs performed by Service Contract Company)
- Responsible for the direct oversight and care for: Proper classroom conditions, electrical systems, plumbing, roofing, masonry, school equipment repairs, phones/computers (setup and troubleshooting)
2. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- Recruit and develop full and part-time personnel and volunteers who can successfully interact with all internal and external constituencies to help achieve the core objectives, while preserving and maintaining a positive reputation for Fleisher. Negotiate and manage compensation within Fleisher guidelines.
- Schedule, manage and develop these people. Encourage an overall spirit of teamwork and collaboration within Fleisher, setting an example for the staff at all times.
3. ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP IN FLEISHER’S LEADERSHIP TEAM
- Participate in the conceptualization, development, implementation, and evaluation of strategies for furthering the achievement of Fleisher’s overall vision, mission, program goals, and direct the assigned aspects of the operationalization of those strategies.
- Implement recommendations from Preservation Plan/Systems Replacement Plan/Sanctuary Preservation Plan; monitor and report on progress/changes.
4. SUPPLY ORDERING AND TRANSPORTATION
- Coordinate and complete transportation of clay and plaster, donations, staff supplies, and supplies from the PMA.
5. LIAISON BETWEEN BOARD’S BUILDING COMMITTEE AND STAFF
- Coordinate and communicate between the Building Committee, Staff, Development Office, and Contractors.
SPECIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
Education/years & type of experience:
· Track record in the development and execution of strategies required to sufficiently support the diverse activities, both short and long term
· Technical/vocational training
· 5-10 years of facilities management experience
· B.A. or B.S. preferred
Certifications, Licenses, Credentials:
· Knowledge and understanding of Mechanical Systems, Electrical, Plumbing, and Building repairs.
· Driver’s License.
Baseline Knowledge & Skills:
· Good understanding of systems and equipment for which they will be responsible.
· Excellent communication, supervisory and organizational skills.
· Ability to contribute effectively to all strategic planning, budgeting, and financial management activities.
· Prepared and capable of representing the Fleisher Art Memorial to all of its constituents, and to provide
excellent customer service to all staff and outside contacts.
· Enjoys working with people of all ages, diverse backgrounds, and those with special needs.
· Well-organized and able to manage several tasks simultaneously.
· Must have a participatory approach to problem-solving.
· Able to complete tasks quickly, efficiently, and accurately, and to set and meet deadlines.
- Able to lift 50 pounds