Fleisher’s Human Resources Generalist performs all human resource functions as they pertain to Fleisher and as dictated by the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Acting as the liaison between Fleisher staff and the Philadelphia Museum of Art’s Human Resources Department, the HR Generalist addresses all questions or concerns that may arise concerning employee recruitment and internal department policies and procedures throughout the Fleisher Art Memorial.
Primary responsibilities include:
General Human Resources Support:
- Counsels Executive Director and senior staff on employee relations issues, investigates and resolves complaints, and implements Fleisher policies and procedures related to disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Administers monthly organizational health survey and provides results to senior staff for review.
- Facilitates internal recognition programs, keeping Executive Director informed of staff achievements and milestones (work anniversaries, transitions, promotions, special projects, professional development, birthdays, retirements etc).
- Regularly updates Fleisher's organizational chart and corresponding staff external and internal contacts sheets (website staff page, internal phone sheet, personnel files).
- Updates Fleisher HR calendar and communicates regularly with PMA about PTO, holidays and important benefits enrollment deadlines.
Secondary responsibilities include:
Hiring & Recruitment:
- Provide administrative support for the employee recruitment process. Screens and disseminates resumes as well as scheduling interviews.
- Maintains paper and electronic resume files, etc.
- Processes staff pay changes, terminations, new hires, etc.
- Prepares and organizes on-boarding and orientation materials for new employees; reviews and ensures forms are complete and forwarded in a timely manner to payroll and other departments as required.
- Perform biweekly timecard processing for Executive/Development direct reports per PMA standards.
- Processes/forwards records for unemployment, workers compensation and disability claims.
- Provide additional support to PMA HR staff as required for bi-weekly payroll.
- Facilitates Fleisher’s weekly senior staff meetings, to support communications between Fleisher’s senior staff and ED.
- Acts as liaison between Fleisher and technology vendors (Datatime Consulting) to schedule work when greater support is required for more in-depth projects, or to set-up new employees with workstations and email.
- Act as Fleisher's main outlook administrator for email accounts and control of Fleisher's staff calendar.
- Preparing information packets for visitors. Coordinating with staff to ensure that visitors are welcomed and that presentations are ready. Following up with visitors if needed.
- Managing receipts, and arranging transportation/accommodations, as needed.
- Accounts Payable: Independent contractors (faculty) – add or update contact information on database; confirm accuracy of class taught, hours worked, pay scale and program expensed.
- Four-year degree, or equivalent administrative experience, ideally as an office manager, or in an arts administration/nonprofit organization.
- Excellent communication skills: phone, in person, and writing.
- Capable computer skills such as database entry, accounting software, and Excel.
- Additional language skills (especially Spanish) preferred but not required.
- You are a self-motivated professional – personable, reliable, hardworking and results-oriented. You are a smart, thoughtful, and clear thinker, who values open communication, is able to give and receive constructive feedback, and is supportive of a team-oriented environment.
- Capable of working confidentially and professionally when handling sensitive information.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to quality, accuracy, and time management.
This is a contracted position with an hourly rate of $18-$25 per hour, dependent on experience. After 3 months, a salaried full time position with benefits may be offered. Fleisher employees receive a competitive compensation package, including options to enroll in health, dental, life insurance, and pension plans; a Philadelphia Museum of Art (PMA) employee badge that provides access to museums nationwide; and access to educational and professional development opportunities.
If this description seems like a good match for your personality, skills, and career goals please submit your cover letter, resume, and three references (all in one document). No phone calls, please. Applications for this position will be accepted until August 15th or until filled. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Fleisher’s core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain a diverse and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer we are committed to employment practices that ensure employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position. Fleisher strongly encourages individuals from marginalized and underrepresented groups to apply. Fleisher is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.